- Monday, we go on a Jeep tour in the Sierra Madre
- Tuesday, day sail to Playa Animas for fun and sun on the beach
- Wednesday, tour old town and to to the bull fights, (yes the bull really dies)
- Thursday, enjoy the resort and go to a Mexican Fiesta in the evening
- Friday, sail to La Cruz, dinner and great music at Philo's bar
- Saturday, enjoy walking around La Cruz
- Sunday, farmers market. Great food, local crafts, and music
- Monday, rest and take Spencer to the airport
It was sad to say good-by to him, and we are exhausted! It takes us several days to recover. We are going to stay here in the La Cruz marina. We find this area to me quieter. Much better that the fast paced (and more expensive) tourist area of Puerto Vallarta. As an example; there is a grocery store right next to the marina in PV. It caters to the gringo crowd that keep their boats there or live in the condos around the area. They carry plenty of name brands from home. One of the items I saw was Triscuit crackers. Now, I have not seen these in any of the stores in Mexico. I know that Spencer loves these so I pick up a box. We also see Fig Newton cookies, one of Mels favorites, so these go into the cart. When I reviewed the receipt later, I found that the Triscuits cost $8.00 for one box as did the Fig Newtons. Ouch!
So we have decided that the smaller, "Mexican" La Cruz fits our style.